GRC Road to Hulaween 2016
To say that Hulaween hasn’t been at the forefront of our minds as it creeps closer and closer upon us would most definitely be a lie because we absolutely cannot WAIT to return to Florida for another weekend of magic at the Spirit of Suwannee Music Park. As you read through this you’ll hopefully start to gain some excitement with us while we touch on topics such as how to handle Suwannee like a pro, fun pre and post festival activities, ticket giveaways, and our top 10 must see artists for this year’s event.
Over the last four years we’ve been able to gain some knowledge of the amazing Spirit of Suwannee Music Park and the tricks to optimal success while there. We’ve narrowed these down to what we feel are the most important for you to crush Hulaween like a pro (especially if this is your first time!)
How to Crush Hulaween Like a Pro
- Make sure to check the weather forecast before you go! We’ve been both hot and freezing while at Hulaween so take into account the humidity will make the nights a little bit more chilly than you’d expect Florida to be. Luckily, we usually bring our new fall clothing down for the weekend so if you don’t come prepared feel free to stop by our booth and we’ll have something to help keep you warm ;)
- If it does call for warm weather bring a swimming suit as the Suwannee River is a short walk from the main stage and VIP camping area. This short trek is well worth it for a dip in the river when it gets hot during the day. Tubes, floaties, and other fun water toys are highly encouraged.
- Partake in the themed night and go hard with your costumes! People go all out for Hulaween’s costume parties so don’t be the unprepared kid who didn’t plan ahead and start putting that badass outfit together asap. For the full breakdown of the costume contest and theme night go here.
- This one goes out to all of my Colorado like minded kidz… BE CAREFUL during any 4/20 related activities while at the park (or anywhere down South for that matter). Florida’s laws are the polar opposite of the laws we enjoy here in the Mile High, so if you like toking up at home and want to keep exercising that right after the festival is over, don’t be a silly and watch out for under covers. They will absolutely love to ruin your weekend with zero remorse.
But on a more positive note…
We have teamed up with our good friends at Silver Wrapper to host a ticket giveaway where one lucky winner will receive a pair of tickets as well as the official GRC Hulaween 2016 hats. This contest is live now on our Facebook page and we will announce who the lucky winner is Wednesday, 10/12!
Pictured below are the three different hats (snapback, fitted, and reversible bucket hat) that will be for sale at both the official merchandise and the Grassroots California booths. They’re extremely limited so we recommend purchasing early before they disappear. Tickets to Suwannee Hulaween are moving fast, so grab yours today right here!
Pre and Post Hulaween Activities
If you have the ability to take some extra time either before or after the festival, we highly recommend doing at least one of these pre/post festival activities we have listed below:
- Madison Blue Springs is located about 45 minutes West of Live Oak, FL. It’s a beautiful spring that we went to after Hulaween last year for a cool dip and it was one of the most rewarding activities we had the whole weekend. Click here for more information on the springs and how to get there.
- Jacksonville Beaches are a rapidly growing, ever evolving beach city with everything from the local deep routed surf and skate scene to a beach college town feel with a weekend booming tourist industry. A few of our favorite spots around the Jax Beaches include North Beach Fish Camp for some seafood and Taco Lu for some Mexican flavor and margaritas. This area would be a great spot for a nice chill few days of decompression post event!
Top 10 Artists to see at Hulaween
Last but not least, here is our top ten must see artists for the weekend! (hint don’t miss our #1, he’s the best).
- Anderson .Paak
- Rufus Du Sol
- My Morning Jacket
- Bob Moses
- Umphrey’s McGee
- Charles Bradley
- Manic Focus
- Late Night Radio
Does it do tricks?
Thanks so much!
Glad you like them! These hats will exclusively be availabe at the event and any remaining hats will be availalbe online post event :)
Yes those hats this year are so doorbell can’t wait to order one. When will the be available couldn’t find them in the website?